Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Wonder of the Season

Last week was Angelo's first pageant. It was called "The Nativity" and was held at Morning Star Preschool and Church. I knew that his class was going to participate, what I didn't know was how struck by emotion I was by the whole event!

I sat in the church waiting for Mike and the Grandma's and I nearly started crying when I saw his name under the title "The Lord's Lovely Lamb's". There was his name, Angelo Gibilisco, how sweet!

The rest of the family joined me and "The Nativity" began. First the older kids came in dressed like Mary, Joseph, the Three Wisemen, the Shepherds and a cute little girl dressed as a giant star. Then the smaller kids came rolling in and then the smallest, Angelo's class of 2 - 3 year olds. They couldn't have been cuter and when I saw Angelo in his cute little lamb ears, well...I started crying!


A dad from a few pews ahead smiled and said, "This is suppose to be a happy event." I said, "I am happy, they're just so dang cute."

Angelo of course spotted us when he was walking in and wanted to sit with us. I had to give him a little shove to get him back in line with his group. He looked like a "sheep" in headlights! Once he got on the stage he got a little nervous and Miss Amanda, his teacher, ended up holding him almost the entire pageant. When she finally put him down he sat down on the bleachers and we couldn't see him. He did however keep his lamb ears on the entire show.

It was the cutest little pageant and I was so happy to see children excited over the real meaning of Christmas. It's so fun to see Christmas through the eyes of children. When they're as little as Angelo they're more excited over baby Jesus than Santa Claus, and that is just sweet.

So here's to baby Jesus, being emotional and enjoying the wonder of Christmas through a child.

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

gretchen from lifenut said...

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Christmas takes on a whole new depth and height when you become a parent. It's understanding what it meant for God to send his son as a baby, and it's the joy of watching your own kiddos embrace him too.