Sunday, October 17, 2010

You are So Blessed Dear

Today our family celebrated as Gia was baptized. There was a little more fluff to it than when Angelo was Baptized. For Gia, I'd been planning for a few weeks. Getting little white tights and lacy shoes and making sure the baptism dress that I wore 32 years ago was clean and ready for my daughter to wear.


The grandmas were also excited about it. My mom bought her the cutest little bonnet that turns into a hankie someday for her wedding day, it's suppose to be the "something old." Grandma Sandy brought her a white knit shawl that she had used for Mike at his baptism.

Gia couldn't have been a better little girl. She didn't even cry when Pastor Al poured the water on her crazy hair. Scott and Jen Sturgeon and Kerri Beth de la Vega were the sponsors. After the Baptism we headed to Ross and Sandy's for brunch.


It was a great day for a Baptism, beautiful weather and I couldn't help but have a giddy feeling inside looking at how blessed our family has become. A sweet big brother and a darling little sister. You couldn't ask for anything more.






A few weeks ago when we were in Nebraksa City an older women stopped me in the hallway of our hotel with Gia. She wanted to see the baby and she said, "You are so blessed Dear." She's right, and today just made me more aware of how truly blessed we are.


I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
III John 1:4

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

AWESOME!! Here's to a future of faith and LOVE for your little one!

Blessings to you this week ~

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

SO MUCH CUTENESS!