Thursday, August 26, 2010

One Week from Today...

One week from today I'll be holding a brand new baby. And what seemed like it was speedy pregnancy is beginning to feel like each minute is an hour and each hour is an eternity...

I went to the Dr. yesterday and there was no progress. They told me they'd be surprised if I didn't make it to September 2nd. And although I'm excited about that because the day was precisely calculated by me to get the most paid time off from work, have a nice long weekend recovering from a c-section in the hospital and give my baby the really cool birth date of 9/02/10....I was still kind of hoping that when they checked me they were going to say, "Holy Cow! You're dilated to a four, we've got to get you to the hospital ASAP!" Even though I knew that wasn't going to happen because I've felt, well nothing that remotely resembles a contraction.

And even though I've been told by lots of friends that I'm not missing anything by not feeling the pain of a contraction...I'm sort of feeling like I'm missing something. But apparently my babies really like to hang out with me, they're not interested in the outside world...all I can think is that it must be some kind of wonderful in there!

It is a nice thing to have this all planned out. But I'm such a planner that everything is now totally planned. I've even given a "Baby Timeline" to all the grandparents and Mike so they know what they have to do and when to do it. So basically I'm so organized that I'm beginning to be bossy.

I'm also a bit emotional and it comes out of nowhere. Like last night Angelo wanted me to read him a book we got him about being a big brother. As I was reading it and holding him I suddenly realized I wouldn't have as much time for him and I started crying as I read each page. Luckily he didn't seem to notice.

So I'm trying to keep myself occupied to control my anxiety and excitement. Tonight is Angelo's open house at school and this weekend I plan to clean and shop. That should entertain me for awhile! Maybe go to a late night movie...or at least rent one.

Any tips for staying sane while waiting for another baby or introducing big brothers to their new sibling are appreciated! I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

The Kennedy's said...

I totally know how you are feeling. I felt the same way going into my 39 week appt and then lo and behold...10 hrs later, without any indication, Miss Gwen decided she was ready. Ya just never know! Hang in there (like you haven't been told that before, ha) Can't wait to hear the news!! Will be keeping you and the fam in my prayers. P.S. Loved the print you sent!!!