Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Week


Two years ago today, I was patiently waiting for you. Ok, maybe not so patiently! I couldn't figure out why I'd felt no contractions...no anything, except for sleeplessness and frustration. August 16th was your due date. The date I'd been hearing for nine months and suddenly it had came and went, with nothing...no you!

I remember that day so vividly. My aunt was heading to Lincoln, Neb to get a new puppy. I was a little afraid to go with her and Mom because I thought I'd go into labor. But then decided I needed something else to focus my mind on for awhile. We went, go the puppy, did some antiquing and came back and still nothing. It was a Sunday.

Going to work on Monday morning was like shear torture. Every corner I turned I heard "You're still here?" I wanted to scream! Finally Wednesday I went in for my stress test so I could be induced on a Thursday. It was then the Doctors realized you were frank breach and you were to big to make it out on your own.

Time went from almost standing still to faster than lightning. A few hours later I was sitting in the operating room and suddenly you were hanging over my head.

Time had not slowed down for a second since you made your way into this world. You amaze me each day with your energy and sometimes I can't believe that you were the same babe inside me that barely moved and was "stuck" because now you make sure to maneuver your way out of any situation.

I can't wait for you to be a big brother. But I want so much to enjoy this birthday week and focus on you. Because soon it will be very, very different around our house. So here's to your birthday week my sweet son! I can't believe you'll be two years old on Friday! Always know how much I love you!

3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Angelo!

He's gonna love being a big brother...most of the time ;) Enjoy every minute, Shell.

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Angelo!

That first glance/touch of your newborn, I think is the closest thing to heaven!

p.s. I'm declaring it my birthday week too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angelo, can't believe you are two already.
Good luck Michelle, you will be a great Mother of two. Think of you often. Aunt Sharon