Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Six Years, 42 in Dog Years

Time goes by so fast. Today is Pierre, aka Schnoodies, sixth birthday. I complain about him a lot. His hair balls all over the house, seconds after sweeping the floor. He likes to run away, he thinks it's a pretty fun game to run all through the neighborhood. He barks like crazy at anybody who walks past our house, squirrels, birds, well pretty much anything. He's thrown up on numerous comforters, peed on brand new rugs, dug up plants, eaten new wood blinds. He's caused a lot of trouble.

But the truth is, I'll put up with pretty much anything because he has a HUGE sweet side. He lets Angelo pull his hair and doesn't make a peep. He sleeps under the covers in the winter and keeps us warm. He licked my tears after a miscarriage and then welcomed Angelo into our home. He keeps an eye on Angelo, eats scraps that fall on the floor and most of all keeps me company and just seems to understand me when I'm in need of my pal Schnood.

So I don't know what I what do without my annoying friend! Happy Birthday Pierre we love you buddy.

Sorry the only gift we gave you was a bark collar!

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Happy Birthday Pierre!

I kinda feel the same way about Odie. Can't live with them, can't live without them sorta deal ;)