Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's Normal

So my husband just emailed that he read my last post and he wanted to make sure I was ok. He said he thought I was selling myself short by what I wrote and he thinks we do some pretty cool things.

And he's right. For instance, last night we had a family karaoke night. It was a blast. Mike was singing, Angelo was yelling in the mic, the dog was barking, of course I was singing!

Last night before I went to bed I thought, if I had my camera those would have been some pretty funny shots.

So, my point of the last blog was only, that I'm envious of time others spend with their family and that they have time to capture all of the little details and make it look wonderful. I know they have their fair share of craziness going on as well. They just do a good job of making the most of it. That part, I'll be honest, I do need to work on.

But I also love to read the blogs that share real life and don't glisten over the hard spots. I like to know that others are wiped out after a night with their toddlers, run out of frosting, are sick of the cold, and miss deadlines. Because that's normal!

At the Gibilisco house, we're normal. Sometimes I have time to set up fancy birthday parties, make scarves for everyone in the family and decorate my christmas tree so it could be in a magazine. But most of the time the clothes I folded on Sunday don't get put away till the next weekend and well, if I didn't have the I-Robot my floors may not even get vacumed at all! But I am happy being normal. I'm also happy to have my readers checking in on me!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love that post and can totally relate to you. At the end of the day I am lucky to get a load of laundry done and clean up the kitchen...I have a husband who cooks and grocery shops, so I really should have no excuse :) Let's make 2010 a little bit less crazy and focus on good family fun!!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I need an I-Robot.

NEED IT.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for suggesting reading "Enjoying the Small Things" Our daughter is having a baby in June and he has Down Syndrome. What an incredible story and pictures.
Don't worry about the house and laundry etc...enjoy your sweet baby, they grow up way too fast

Jana's mom-in-law

Jill and Jeffrey said...

Hey now - you are my mom - muse! You're so great at keeping this site updated and not the way I do (Me : quick and just the basics). You're amazing!