Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Decade

Each new year I make a list of my resolutions. Well, this year I haven't made it that far! But I know a few things I want to work on...

  • Eat 3-5 servings of fruits and veggies a day.
    Recently we were back home in Iowa for Christmas and Mike and I were talking to my Dad about his diet. He told us boastfully that he eats at least two vegetables a week!
  • Work to save money.
    Mike and I aren't too wild with money. But we don't have alot put away. This year we're both working to fill our savings accounts! To do this we're trying to save money in small ways. I saved $50.00 on Monday by giving Pierre a haircut myself. It doesn't look to bad! I'm also only using cash for my spending money. No more debit cards here and there. I get an alotted amount of spending cash each two weeks, when it's gone, it's gone!
  • Read
    I hope you all so the blogger book club posted along the side of my blog! There is still room for more books. (Click the link for rules.) This month is The Shack, and I happen to have an extra copy if anyone would like to read it (thanks Jana). We'll have a little blogger book discussion via the comments section at the end of the month. The books we choose in the club are good news books. They help me with the next resolution...
  • Find time for Jesus
    This is something I've never put on my list. But recently I realized I need to make time for Jesus or suddenly he'll disappear from my life. Really he's still there even when I forget about him. But if I forget about him, well there's just not alot we can do together. And I believe every relationship takes two!

That's a simple little list. Hopefully I can accomplish these four. What about you? Any resolutions? Do we have any in common?

Happy 2010 Friends!

3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Great list, Shell! It was so fun to see you and your family over Christmas break!

melanie said...

Great list :) I could copy it...
Ive read the Shack already.. but Im game after that.
How was little man's Christmas?

LesleyAnn said...

Finished The Shack yesterday and even ahead of the deadline....Ha! I am trying to wrap my brain around all the thoughts that it brought to light for me...GOOD READ!!