Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Missing Word

Last week Angelo turned 17 months. He's starting to really try to talk and knows quite a few words -- all but one. See if you notice the word he hasn't said yet when reviewing his current vocab.

Tractor
Truck
Cracker
Car
Quack Quack
Moo
Dada
Dog
Uddie (We call Pierre Schnudie)
Cock-a-doo-dle-doo
Moo
No
Bye-Bye
BaaBaa
Star
Ball
Baby

Did you find it? If you said Mama's missing you're right! I'm starting to get a complex. He can crow like a rooster but doesn't say Mama! ha! When we ask him who I am he points at me and says Dada! So at least I get a name! Last night I sang Mama, Mama, Mama to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle. I thought maybe I'd ingrain it in his brain before bed. Alas, this morning I was still Dada! The good news is he seems to be learning a word a day - hopefully I'll make the cut soon!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh man ... I remember Mason saying so much before mama or mom or anything close! And yet, somehow when he finally did say it, all was right in the world :)

Have a GREAT week friend ~