Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Found It!

Just like I thought...I found the daycare of my dreams (if there is such a thing). It's called Morning Star Lutheran Daycare (http://preschoolmorningstar.com/). And we fell in love the minute I opened the door. It was almost like when I tried on my wedding dress, once I saw it, I knew it was the one!

So without even showing my husband I registered him for February! He only has a total of 26 days left at his current place.

Unbeknown to Angelo, he'll soon participate in the following schedule:

8:00 - Prayer and Breakfast
8:30 - Outside Time
9:00 - Daily specials which include; rhythm and music, fine arts, cooking, chapel and gymnastics.
12:00 - Prayer and Lunch
12:30 - Nap time
3:00 - Playtime
3:30 - Snacks
4:00 - Outside/Fellowship Hall till mom and dad pick him up

Each week the kids have a special theme. For instance Angelo's first week will be "Red, White, and Pink - I love you" Along with a monthly service project or field trip - Valentines for Lutheran Family Services is the first project. He'll even participate in a Spring Program at the end of the year.

On Wednesday nights they hold a dinner for the kids and parents so you can eat with your child and their friends and meet their families.

He'll still be able to do two days a week with Grandma Sandy too.

So I pay a little more than I planned, but he'll get so much! It's really a giant weight off me, I almost feel like I can breathe again.

Oh, and did I mention it comes with highly educated teachers, security access, a state of the art playground and it's own kitchen? It's also an ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) Church, which is what I grew up with. So I feel so comfortable.

So I "found it," with a little help and all your prayers!

Thanks for reading post after post about day cares.

~ Michelle

4 comments:

mel said...

yeah!!!! that's awesome.. i want to go...

The Kennedy's said...

It sound great!! Glad you found something...I bet Angelo will LOVE it!

Jana said...

That sounds wonderful and sounds like you and Mike will get something out of it too, with the parent social events......

Totallyscrappy said...

What a feeling to know that your baby will be in a wonderful enviromment with teachers that will care for him and pray for him. I hope it goes well!