Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A weekend with Grandpa...

This past weekend my dad came from Iowa to visit Angelo for his birthday. He only comes about once a year so we usually try to plan a bunch of activities and cram as much into one weekend as we can.

On Friday night we went to a little hole in the wall called the Alpine Inn. If you're ever in Omaha I highly recommend it. I'd never been there before but I'd heard it was quite entertaining. It was quite possibly the best fried chicken I've ever had! Since the chicken is made fresh you have a while to wait - but it's no big deal because you get to sit back and enjoy watching giant fat raccoons eat fried chicken scraps outside of the restaurant through a huge window! We were all entertained!

**On a side note, if you do go to the Alpine Inn, please remember it is truly a hole in the wall.**

On Saturday we headed off to the Omaha Zoo. Which is another one of my recommendations in Omaha. It's such a neat place that I even ran into my cousin Jana and her family! They had driven up for an Omaha weekend from Des Moines. What a coincience! You just never know what you'll find at the zoo! haha!

We took Angelo to see the goats at the petting zoo - he was more interested in their feeding trough than the actual goats!

Angelo rode through the zoo in style with the new wagon Grandpa Dave bought for his birthday gift. The cute part about this wagon is that it actually has a cover and looks like a real covered wagon!

Cousin Jana, my dad, me and Angelo! (Jana, next time you come I'll take you too the Alpine Inn!)


Grandpa Dave and Angelo getting a close look at the animals.

No comments: