Monday, July 20, 2009

In one short month...

In one short month...
My sweet boy turns one year old.
I will bawl like a baby.
I'm renting a snow cone machine.
My baby will have grown even more.
Time will fly like never before.
Last year at this time the months drug by. Now it's as if I'm in fast forward all the time. Everything is speeding by. Everything I dreaded for awhile, I now miss - washing bottle after bottle, waking in the middle of night to hold my sweet boy, bouncing him for hours, singing sweetly in his ear. Now I'm putting away the bouncy seat, the exersaucer, the swing, the sweet little rattles the cute little booties, the million bottles.
They've been traded in for sippy cups, big boy light up shoes, wagons, blocks and toy cars. 2T has replaced the cute little onesies and now, when I try to change him he doesn't watch my every move anymore, he squirms away, crawling as fast as he can down the hall, laughing that his mommy must chase him.
I love to watch my son grow because as I watch him, I also grow. His first birthday will be not only a celebration of him, but of my first year as a mother. And oh what a year it's been!
We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
William Shakespeare

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I ALWAYS cried at their first birthdays :) What an amazing first year!

Jana said...

Well said Michelle, well said. Happy early Birthday Angelo! Cute Birthday invite!

Jill and Jeffrey said...

aww..you're making me cry now! I can already see lil Avery growing so fast in front of my eyes..I never knew the emotion a child can bring out of you every single day.. But at the same time, we are growing as well..
couldn't have said it better.

The Kennedy's said...

Michelle..Angelo should be recieving something UPS from Frecklebox. It might be a week or so. Unfortunately, they didn't have a place to put a gift message...so just in case you wonder who the random gift is from. It's from Jackie :) Happy 1st Bday buddy!