Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Four years ago we began a journey...

Four years ago today, we began a new journey. A journey of love, faith and trusting, a journey named marriage. Although we had no idea where the roads would lead us, we knew we wanted to travel that road together.




Well the road has been long and full of surprises. In just four short years we've bought and sold a home, lost loved ones, switched jobs, watched our friends get married and have children, and now we've started our own family together.



Although everyday is a surprise being married to a Gibilisco, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm so happy to be on this journey with my wonderful husband.



Top 10 most memorable moments with you this past year...



1.) Hearing the door open when you came back from Florida with my new car after spending the night alone with a newborn!



2.) Watching your formula blending system.



3.) Our first trip with the baby back to Iowa. Listening to Barb sing "How much is that doggie in the window," while sleeping on a couch/board/bed and trying to keep a four week old asleep through it all.



4.) Our second trip back to Iowa in the worst fog I've ever seen. Thank God for that Garmin or we wouldn't have seen the Hampton exit.


5.) The beginning and end of Gibilisco Auto Sales - although I know it will truly never end! : )


6.) Watching you mow lawn with Angelo in the baby carrier.


7.) Driving all over town with you just to get Angelo to stop crying.


8.) Watching you help Angelo on his Easter egg hunt.


9.) Holding your hand during my c-section.


10.) Your face when you handed me my son for the first time.


Happy Anniversary, I love you!

5 comments:

The Kennedy's said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years already!!

Jill and Jeffrey said...

Your posts always give me chills..this one tops them all. Muy Congratulationes!

Lindsay said...

Whoo Hoo for 4 years :) and I'd say every day being a {surprise} makes it AWESOME!! :)

Great post & Happy Anniversary!!

Rob, Paula, Jeremey & Jaydin said...

Happy Anniversary!! Many wishes for blessings in the years to come!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Aww! Happy Anniversary Shell!