Saturday, February 28, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Last weekend I went for a girls trip to Kansas City. Our car load consisted of my Mom, Aunt Barb, Mother-in-Law Sandy, and Cousin-in-Law Kerri Beth. We met my Aunt Lorraine and Cousin Erika there.

Erika lives in Kansas City so she had the trip planned out with all of the hot spots which mostly consisted of the plaza area since we were only there for one night.

It's about a three hour drive from Omaha to KC and all of us were much in need of a girls vacation. After our drive we met the rest of the group at the Cheesecake Factory and that's when the fun began.

I had a whole list of items that I wanted to shop for...I bought many items, but not one of them was on my list!
Going shopping with my cousin Erika always works out well for me. We are both close in size and both need a 36 inseam. The whole weekend we raided the sale rack on any pants that looked lengthy and piled oursleves into the dressing room throwing pants and jeans back and forth at each other. Above Erika shows off the many pairs we tried on.

On the trip I was also able to see my Cousin Jolyn and her very cute and energetic daughter Jackie. They met up with us at the Cheesecake Factory and it was so nice to see them both!

Above, the hardcore shoppers shown in the Nordstroms shoe department. Would you believe no shoe sales? WHATEVER! From left to right, Barb, Sandy, Cella, Lorraine, Kerri, Erika and Me.
I had a wonderful time and was very happy to be home with my new purchases and see my boys.
Thank God for girls weekends, they make you really appreciate your time with the girls and then your time back home!