Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions

res·o·lu·tion
(rěz'ə-lōō'shən) Pronunciation Key n.
The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
A resolving to do something.
A course of action determined or decided on.
And here they are...my Top 10 2009 Resolutions
  1. DENTAL HYGIENE - It's not that I currently have a yuk mouth, but I am a bit lazy when it comes to the extra details of dental hygiene. I do my morning and nightly brushes but rarely floss or put in my ancient retainer that so nicely keeps my front chompers in place. So this year I'm adding a daily floss and retainer use to my list - plus I'm going to check into getting my teeth professionally whitened.
  2. KILL OF THE LAST REMAINING POUNDS OF BABY WEIGHT - I've been doing well at this (considering all the holiday goodies) but I need to continue. I plan to get to my goal weight by the end of March.
  3. RUN, RUN, RUN - Running has been what has helped most for my weight loss. To help keep me motivated I plan to do a few races throughout the year. By the end of the summer I plan to do a Duathlon with Mike's cousin Kerri. My goal is to run the 9K in around 50 minutes. (I know for some of you great runners this is not that big of a deal...but for me it would be huge!)
  4. ORGANIZE FUN FAMILY EVENTS - So it's been cold, Angelo is still young and Mike and I are starting to go stir crazy. But by this spring and summer he'll start to be old enough to enjoy a few things. I can't wait and I need to plan our events in advance.
  5. PAINT THE HOUSE - This is something we wanted to get done this past fall. Silly new parents! Who plans to paint their house with a brand new baby! Well we already bought the paint, so this spring look for the before and after photos!
  6. DRINK AT LEAST 6 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY - This makes me feel so much better and it's so good for you, I need to get into this habit!
  7. WAKE UP 15 MINUTES EARLIER - I'm not an early bird, never have been, never will be...but I do need to start waking up 15 minutes earlier to get all my morning tasks complete and make it to the sitters and work on time. It's always total caos at our house in the morning!
  8. FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH MY ENTRY WAY - You'll be getting photos on this soon. Usually I can come up with decorating ideas pretty easily but this entry has me baffled. But it's ugly and needs help and I'm sick of looking at it the way it is...so this is a winter project!
  9. PLAN A VACATION - Mike and I need a vacation! We probably won't be able to take one till sometime after August, but then we get a week together somewhere...I just need to start saving and figure out the where!
  10. BE A BETTER FRIEND - I have kind of stopped spending time with friends ever since I had Angelo, he's so time consuming and it's hard to take him out at night. But I need to be better about setting up time for friends and family on the weekend and returning phone calls etc.

I could go on and on...but these are the main goals I need to ackomplish this year. I'll try to blog on my progress! I challenge each of you to come up with ten resolutions as well!

4 comments:

melanie said...

Happy New Year Shelly! Praying you have an awesome year ahead!

Jill and Jeffrey said...

Those are great resolutions! We did ours NYEve night (since we stayed in and did nothing)..Its still in draft mode..but to be posted soon...
cheers to 2009 and meeting our goals!! :)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Sounds good Shell...really good :)

Lindsay said...

great goals ... I'm with you on the flossing ... thanks for the inspiration :)