Monday, December 15, 2008

Tour of Christmas

So, I don't know why...probably just because my mom says so, but it's supposedly a Lutheran tradition to put an Angel on top of your tree. Anyway, it's this Lutheran's tradition...and now her Catholic husbands tradition, hehe!

My butterfly ornaments from none other than, The Dollar Tree...one of my favorite places!

Here she is in all her glory. She's already tipped once and we vowed not to put her up again, but here she is, still a little tippy I might add!


The stockings were hung by the chimney with care and little Angelo's was new this year!

One of my favorite ornaments, my parisian snowman.

These are our Charley Brown trees, or "Junk" trees as my husband calls them. They hold all of our old favorite ornaments.


My goofy little caroler collection. Aren't they cute!?

Angelo's first finger puppet nativity scene. Aunt Barb gave it to him last night. It's adorable!! She made the whole family act out a part with the puppets.

This is our family nativity scence. We received it as a wedding gift...which is a great gift idea...at least I thought so. But somewhere I lost the shepheard and a donkey. Hopefully they'll find their way by Christmas Eve!
Anyway, that's it. It was too cold to take a photo of our lights outside, so you'll just have to imagine how glorious they are!
Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I wish I could have seen you act our the finger puppet nativity with Aunt Barb!

such pretty stuff!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Very cute! I love the "junk trees"....I didn't put mine up this year, but you are making me wish I had!!!

Bob and Jeri said...

You have some unique collections, I love the finger puppets. I also like your Charlie Brown trees, I have a few of them myself!

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

Everything is beautiful! I think the Charlie Brown trees are cute! Thanks for showing us around!
-Kim

Lindsay said...

Looks GREAT!! Love the snowman ... I'm a HUGE fan of snowmen {and snow-women} :)

Happy 15th of December!

Amber said...

Love the finger puppet nativity. So great. What a great thing for your children to grow up playing with!

melanie said...

I love the butterflies- so pretty. Does Angelo get mail in his stocking from Santa??
We are going to be in Colorado over Christmas- I think we are coming home the day of Grandpa's Christmas. Are you going to still be here Sunday??

Michelle Gibilisco said...

Yep, we'll leave sometime on Sunday..so we'll try and find you guys!! Or maybe you can stop over at Barbs?

Carol said...

I desperately need those goofy carolers. Three guesses why. Love the nativity scene, too!

Thanks for sharing with us. Merry Christmas!

Bonita said...

Very pretty! My favorites are the staircase with trees beside it and the knit nativity scene. So cute!

The Kennedy's said...

Hey...is your current address on Miami St?? Let me know, not sure how old my addresses are! jolynkennedy@yahoo.com

The Kennedy's said...

Got your message on your home address, thanks! What is your email address? I don't seem to have it???

Wendy said...

I just love the butterfly's on your tree.

Jill and Jeffrey said...

I LOVE the fingerpuppet nativity scene!! So cute! :) Where do you get one?