Thursday, November 20, 2008

honest scrap tells all


My good friend Sarah at Life in the Parsonage honored me with the "Honest Scrap" award. This is my first blog award and I must say, it made my day!
Sarah and I have been friends for many years and we actually shared a dorm room together. Honesty was something we definetly shared along with many secrets and gossip, while we talked back and forth in our college loft beds. I truely miss my carefree college days, when my biggest issue in life was if Sarah borrowed the sweater I had planned to wear! Anyway, thanks Sarah! So glad to be able to keep in touch with you through blogging!
RULES OF THE HONEST SCRAP AWARD (honestly edited by yours truely)
When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
(This is the part I edited, it use to say choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.) Choose only blogs that you find to be totally honest in content and visuals.
Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.
TEN HONEST THINGS ABOUT ME...

1) I currently wear size 12, but they are starting to become baggy on me.

2) The title to my new car is lost and the bank has been calling and threatening to drop my loan if they don't receive the title soon.

3) I got fired from my first job drawing pickle cards because I accidently put the wrong payouts on the poster I designed for the bingo halls.

4) I use to steel greeting cards from a stationary store that I worked at during highschool. The owner accused me of steeling $20 dollars from the register, but I did not do that!

5) I got ticketed for a Minor in Possesion of Alcohol my second year of college. I called my mom and she got a lawyer and it didn't go on my record. Thanks Mom! The funny part is, the cops needed our licenses and mine was in my car. They let me go out and find my license. I had heard you could fool the blood alcohol tester if you put copper in your mouth. So while getting my license I put a handful of dirty pennies in my mouth thinking I could fool them. Obviously it didn't work!

6) I currently wear a size DD bra! Hopefully that will shrink as I lose weight also!

7) In college I smoked a cigarette in my mom's car and thought I threw it out the window. It came back inside and burned a hole on the seat. I super glued the seat belt on top of the hole to cover it so she wouldn't know. She found out!

8) I went to Mardi Gras with my mom one year to meet a friend from high school. While we were looking for him she started drinking Bahama Mama's (or something like that). Anyway she had a few to many and slid down the side of a building and was sitting on the sidewalk. Some guy I didn't know hailed a cab for her and I sent my poor sick mom back to a horrible little hotel by herself so I could stay out with my friends. Selfish and mean!

9) I almost always tell my mom things, in confidence, even when my husbands tells me "not to tell anyone, not even your mom!"
10) I brushed my teeth with my husband's tooth brush while I had strep throat because I didn't think he was giving me enough sympathy and I wanted him to see what it was like to be sick. He of course didn't get sick!
Is that honest enough? Let's see if you come back to my blog now that you know how much trouble I can be! Pastors wives beware! : )

I'm passing on the Honest Scrap Award to my cousin-in-law Melanie. She's a stay at home mom of five and married to my cousin Josh! How could she not be honest! But seriously, she tells all about her life, the good that bad and her light understanding of it all. Check her out .....Light Understanding

5 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Crack me up you naugh-tay naught-tay girl ;) HA!

melanie said...

Thank you!! - but i don't know if i can compare to your honesty- you are a hoot!! was your mom drinking hurricanes?? ..that is so awesome that you guys are so close. what a gift!

Michelle Gibilisco said...

Yes, Hurricane's that's what they were! haha! She's a fun mom!

kim said...

I happened upon your blog from Sarah@Life at the Parsonage. You are a fantastic blogger. Love the 10 truths...too funny! Way too funny!

Joy said...

I happened upon your blog thru my sister in laws blog (Kim) and am always curious about others blogs and life so here I am! Your 10 honest things.....gutsy girl! I think you must be quite a person to know, anyone who can express all those truths and make them truly entertaining, has to be someone to get to know! Congrats on the new baby, he's really beautiful. Children are so completely life altering and such an absolute blessing.

My truths: I am bossy, opinionated, drive too fast, rotten with money and absolutely DO NOT need an emergency to eat chocolate!

Thanks for letting me peek in on your beautiful blog!