Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeding Frenzy

So, the last few days Angelo has been eating like crazy...he's always rooting around looking for a bottle. (For those of you that haven't heard the story yet, I lasted like three days with the breast feeding bit. He wouldn't latch on, my nipples were blooding, he wasn't getting any food, yada, yada thus formula is here!)

But now, I can't seem to get enough down him. He is eating between four and five ounces every two hours and he'd eat it every hour if I let him. I really don't know what to do? I'm hearing there is a Similac formula with rice cereal, I may try this tomorrow.

Tonight he ate four ounces at 8:oo p.m. At 9:00 he was crying like crazy and trying to eat his hands so I gave him two more ounces. He still acted hungry but I thought it was insane to give him more so I made him cry for 15 minutes (while I cried as well) and then I finally got him to fall asleep by rocking him. And for the record, he may have given me a hickey on my neck when I rocked him as he was trying to suck on anything he could get his mouth on (lets hope this ends before he's a teenager!)

He's still sleeping, we'll see how long it lasts!

Please any advise? Grandmas say rice cereal, everyone else says no! I'm open to whatever gets him full. He's only three weeks but weighs over ten pounds. Please Help, before he eats his hand off! : )

6 comments:

melanie said...

aww pour little guy. i think he's just upset cause he knows that uncle josh's huskers aren't very good.
i gave noah cereal little- but always wished that i wouldn't have. people told me that he needed it- but later heard that it wasn't the best to digest. did your doc say that you could increase his ounces? ailah ate like a piggy too- i couldn't believe what she put down, and she didn't like nursing much. maybe he's just going through a growth time.
we can.not.wait. to see him!!!

Schumacher said...

OH hon, that's a tough one. Sophia used to nurse every 40 min! & Anna LOVES her bottles! She is a CHUNK so I'm concerned about the same thing... Is he sleeping at night? Sophia is sitting next to me & having me show her all the pictures of your sweet Angelo & tell her about them! I hope all is going well! Call me if/when you get a free moment!

Mel

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm with Mel...Noah ate like that too, if the dr. says it's ok, just let him keep eating :) Also, sometimes they just want to "suck", will he take a pacifier?

I've been thinking about you!

The Kennedy's said...

I remember Jackie liked to suck a lot, but wasn't necessarily hungry. Sometimes the only way to tell with her was to just give her a pacifier and if she continued to spit it out and cry, she was hungry. If she kept it in, she just wanted to suck. Although, not all babies will take a pacifier. You could try your finger too. But, maybe the little guy just has a big appetite! Good luck. Just remember, whatever the case...you'll get it figured out and it will all pass.

Anonymous said...

You might want to ask the doctor about him having acid reflux.

Jill and Jeffrey said...

this is my life!!