Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Phone Tag

For months my friend Melanie and I have been playing phone tag. We leave long messages and try to stay in touch. Now, finally, we both have blogs, which makes it so great! I'm finally able to see her adorable girls and stay in touch with her.

Mel and I both went to Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) and graduated with our AAS in Commercial Art in 1998, yes ten years ago! We have stayed in touch through so much...boyfriends, jobs, friends, moves, engagements, weddings and now babies, crazy!

A few weeks ago I got a big box of baby goodies from Mel. I was so excited I started to cry, must be those pregnancy hormones! But the truth is I'm always so glad to hear from my DMACC friends. It was one of the best times in my life and I've never, ever, had such great friends as the group I met there. I alsways look back on my time there and smile.

It's funny how life works out. How some of the people you meet just pass through your life for a moment and how some wonderful people stay in your lives forever. They may go in and out from leading characters to behind the scenes, but they always know where you are and what is going on in your story.

Mel, since I know you'll be reading this, I miss you and I hope we can connect soon! Thank you so much for the goodie box.

To all of the rest, thank you for being shinning stars in my life! Thank God for the blog!

2 comments:

Schumacher said...

Now I've got tears! What I wouldn't give to have you closer! I can't reach Kinion either. We all have such different, crazy lives. I just want to be there to see you pregnant! & just to share this time in life too! I tell Vance the SAME DMACC stories over & over. Poor guy, he just doesn't get it... he wasn't there. I will keep calling & maybe I can stop by, after your settled with the new babe! Thanks for the blog entry to me!!!!! :) Tell your Momma "hi" from me!!!!

Michelle Gibilisco said...

Hey, I'm having a baby shower in Shell Rock on July 5th...would you be going through back home then? It's only about 45 min. off I-35??