Friday, February 22, 2008

Sun Motivation

It's funny how a little bit of sunshine gives me motivation! Over the last two months of freezing cold weather, I've come home from work to plop myself on the couch and watch worthless television (all except for NipTuck and Make me a SuperModel of course!).

But today, it's a balmy 28 degrees out and for once the sun is shining! So instead of plopping on the couch, I'm going to get paint to paint the master bath. I've had the color picked out for months, just not the motivation to do anything about it.

Before I was pregnant, I admit I would go tanning in the winter...for a couple of reasons: first it took away from the fat, white Omahan look. It made me feel like I was super hot!! Second, it kept me motivated! Yes, it's true, that little dab of warmth I felt for 15 minutes a few times a week was like the sun I was missing in the winter!

Now I don't have that, so I have to find other sources. Like today I ate lunch in my car because it was sunny and my little car got all warm and cheered me up while I ate Subway and listened to good ol' Dr. Laura. It was a true delight! Last week I curled up with my dog Pierre and took a nap in a sunny spot on the bed - I was also secretly hoping I'd get a tan, but no luck!

Anyhew...I feel like today I've taken in alot of sun, and I'm ready to finally start my spring cleaning process, which will begin with the painting of the master bath. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Maybe I'll even take before and after photos and post them. Have a nice weekend blog friends.

1 comment:

Sarah E. said...

You totally have to post before and after pictures! :) Now I want to go tanning...